Features and Benefits
• Increase maximum aperture by 11/3 stop
• Increase MTF
• Makes lens 0.64x wider
• Patented 6-element/4-group optical design by Caldwell Photographic in the USA
• Supports 4k video mode with DX lenses.
• Auto focus on Panasonic Micro Four Thirds cameras
• Can be powered either by camera body or by third-party external 5V power source (not included)
• Iris/aperture controlled by the camera body.
• Image stabilization (IS) lens support
• Electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L)
• EXIF (focal length, aperture, zoom range)
• Distance and zoom display on camcorders (requires lenses supporting distance information)
• Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
• The interior is painted with flocking coating to further reduce the internal reflection.
• Supports only Panasonic GH4, GH3, G3, G5, G6, G7, G10, GF3, GF5, GF6, GX1, GX8, Olympus E-PL7, Blackmagic Cinema Camera with Micro Four Thirds mount**, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera***
• EF-S lenses require modification to fit (but third party DX lenses can be used without modification)
• EF-S and third party DX lenses may not cover the full Micro Four Thirds sensor in still photo and FHD video modes (but will cover 4k video mode)
• No video AF for Olympus
• AFC (continuous AF) and AFF (flexible AF) modes are not supported
• Panasonic video AF may hunt more than a native lens
• No support for in-camera correction such as peripheral shading, CA and distortion
A new Micro-4/3 mount Speed Booster® adapter designed exclusively for the Panasonic GH4 and other selected Micro Four Thirds cameras (refer to the below camera compatbility table), with a magnification of 0.64x. The Speed Booster XL 0.64x uses an advanced 6-element optical design to achieve extraordinary optical performance at apertures up to an incredible f/0.80, a new record for Micro Four Thirds format.
The new Speed Booster XL 0.64x reduces the full-frame crop factor of the Panasonic GH4 from 2.0x to 1.28x, thus effectively transforming these cameras into APS-H format. When the GH4 is used in Cinema 4k video mode the horizontal full frame crop factor is reduced from 2.34x to 1.50x, thus effectively transforming the GH4 into a super-35 format 4k cine camera. In addition, the speed of any attached lens is increased by 11/3 stops, with a maximum output aperture of f/0.80 when an f/1.2 lens is used. For example, a 50mm f/1.2 becomes a 32mm f/0.80, which is the fastest aperture available for full size Micro Four Thirds format.