It’s All in the Detail
With all the features and capabilities of the EOS 5DS, the EOS 5DS R camera offers the potential for even greater sharpness and fine detail for specialized situations. It features the same Canon designed and manufactured 50.6 Megapixel sensor, with the low-pass filter* (LPF) effect cancelled to provide even more fine edge sharpness and detail for critical subjects such as detailed landscapes, and other situations where getting the sharpest subject detail is a priority.
*The possibility of moiré and color artifacts is greater due to the LPF cancellation function.
• LPF (Low-pass filter) effect cancellation takes full advantage of the original resolving power of the 50.6 effective megapixels CMOS sensor, delivering even higher resolution images.*
• Newly designed 50.6 Megapixel full-frame CMOS helps deliver ultra-high resolution images for large-scale printing and extensive, creative cropping, while Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors enable spectacular image quality and processing speed.
• EOS Scene Detection System features a 150,000-pixel RGB+IR Metering Sensor for excellent precision.
• 61-Point High Density Reticular AF including up to 41 cross-type AF points and EOS iTR allows for high precision autofocus.
• Advanced mirror control mechanism and new user-selectable shutter release time lag helps suppress camera vibration for reducing image shake.
• Anti-flicker helps compensate for flickering light sources and provides consistent exposure and color during continuous shooting.
• Built-in intervalometer and bulb timer helps deliver expanded creativity.
• 1.3x and 1.6x crop shooting adds superb flexibility, while still delivering high resolution images required for demanding applications.
• Intelligent Viewfinder II with approximately 100% viewfinder coverage.
• Full HD 30p movie capability and Time Lapse Movie function, which takes still photographs at set intervals and combines them into a Full HD movie file.
• High-speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps allows you to capture fast action.
• 3.2-inch ClearView II LCD monitor, 170° viewing angle, 1,040,000-dot VGA, reflection resistance with multi coating and high-transparency materials for bright and clear viewing.
• Customizable Quick Control Screen allows you to quickly change frequently used camera settings and functions.
• Support for USB 3.0.
Spectacular Resolution for Specialized Applications
Low-pass filter effect cancellation
For photographers wanting the ultimate in high resolution capture, the EOS 5DS R camera has a low-pass filter* (LPF) effect cancellation. While a low-pass filter is useful to reduce color artifacts and moiré typical with digital capture, it also reduces detail at the pixel level. With the LPF disabled, the EOS 5DS R takes full advantage of the original resolving power of the camera's 50.6 Megapixel sensor. More detail is captured and retained in the original image, perfect for landscape and commercial applications where pixel-level detail is scrutinized and when the sharpest possible image is needed.