The black 7x50 Aculon A211 Binocular from Nikon is a handheld fixed-magnification optic with multicoated aspherical lenses and an ergonomically-designed housing. For the redesigned Aculon series, Nikon packages the Aculon A211 binoculars with environmentally-friendly Eco-Glass elements composed of responsibly-sourced arsenic-free material. The Aculon binocular's Porro prism design delivers enhanced depth of field, and its multicoated aspheric optical path with 50mm objective lenses deliver the image clarity, twilight performance, and flat FOV demanded by nature observers.
Also new to the 2013 version of the Aculon binocular is a sculpted rubber-armored housing that is designed to fit comfortably into the observer's hand and provide non-slip handling. Grooved ridges atop the housing and a generously-sized focusing wheel enable adjustments to the interpupillary distance and the point of focus even while wearing gloves. Nikon's Turn-and-Slide eyecups allow quick adjustment to the eye relief. The combination of image quality and user-friendly design make the 7x50 Aculon A211 a cost-effective option for mid-range glassing.
• 7x magnification, 50mm objectives
• Arsenic-free Eco-Glass elements
• Multicoated optics, BaK-4 Porro prisms
• 335 ft (102m) field of view at 1000 yd
• 42.7° apparent viewing angle
• 26.2 ft (8m) minimum focus distance
• 17.6mm eye relief, 7.1mm exit pupil
Use and Handling
• Turn-and-Slide twist-up rubber eyecups
• Center focus wheel
• Ergonomic sculpted rubber armoring
• Black housing finish
• 31.9 oz (904g) weight